Cremation Cost in Minnesota and services vary depending on the type of cremation service you will choose. However, direct cremation is the most affordable option, ranging from $695 to $1,495. It will include the essential benefits of the funeral home, transportation of the body, and cremation.
A full-service cremation includes a visitation or viewing, a funeral service, and a memorial service, typically costing between $2,000 and $4,000. Additional services such as embalming, a casket, and a graveside service can add to the cost.
Minnesota law requires that a licensed director will perform all cremations. Moreover, the director will provide the necessary paperwork and arrange the cremation. The cremation takes two to three hours, and the ashes are usually available within two to three days.
The cremation cost in Minnesota also includes the price of a cremation urn or container, which can range from $50 to $500. You can use the urn container to store the cremated remains. Furthermore, the total cost of cremation can include the price of a memorial service or burial.
Minnesota law requires that individuals perform all cremations following state and federal regulations. Funeral homes must also provide a written statement of the services offered and the cost of those services.
Factors Affecting Cremation Cost in Minnesota
Here we are to provide information on the factors affecting cremation costs in Minnesota.
- A. Location: The cost of cremation can vary depending on location in Minnesota where you are seeking the service. Prices may differ between rural and urban areas or cities and counties.
- B. Type of Service: Your chosen service can also affect the cremation cost. A simple direct cremation, which only includes the essential cremation process, may be less expensive. However, a full funeral service will cost a viewing, visitation, and other additional features.
- C. Additional Services: The cremation cost may also be influenced by any additional services you opt for. For example, the cost may increase if you choose to have a memorial service or celebration of life ceremony. Other potential additional services that can affect the price of cremation include using a funeral home, transporting the body, and purchasing an urn.
Average Cremation Cost in Minnesota
An average cremation cost in Minnesota for services is followed as:
- Direct Cremation: A direct cremation in Minnesota costs approximately $1,000 – $2,000. This cost includes the cremation fee, transportation of the deceased, and other related services.
- Traditional Funeral with Cremation: The average cost of a traditional funeral with cremation in Minnesota is approximately $3,000 – $5,000. It includes the funeral service, the cremation, and other expenses such as a casket, flowers, and obituary notices.
- Memorial Service with Cremation: The average cost of a memorial service with cremation in Minnesota is approximately $4,000 – $6,000. It includes the cremation fee, memorial service, and other related expenses such as flowers, obituary notices, and death certificates.
What additional services can I add to my cremation plan in Minnesota?
In Minnesota, you can include additional services in the plan. However, they may cost you more than your expectations. These services include:
- Memorial services
- Funeral services
- Casket rental
- Burial plot purchase
- Cremation urns
- Cremation Jewelry
- Cremation keepsakes
- Cremation scattering services
- Transportation of the deceased
- Death certificates and other paperwork
- Grief counselling and support services
- Also, see our permanent life insurance, we design our insurance plans customized to your needs and budget.